Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What Why How?

Dear Dad,

What do you do when you are watching someone self-destruct? When you stand by watching helplessly as their lives are burning to the ground? When there is nothing you can do to help because they won’t accept your help and apparently don’t know how to help themselves? It makes me literally feel sick in my stomach to watch her destroy herself. What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to walk away? Am I supposed to reach out and help her? What would you have done dad? How would you have dealt with this? How can you endure the pain of watching a loved one slowly make themselves more and more miserable? Why doesn’t she love herself? Why doesn’t she think she is worth more than the life she is living? Where did she get the idea that it is okay to live like that? It’s not how we were raised, it’s not what we were shown as kids. What do I do dad? How do I sit back and watch her and not feel hurt for her?

What am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment