Monday, July 26, 2010

Its Been a While...

Dear Dad,

I miss you so much. It has been a little while since we have talked and so much has happened. The wedding was so perfect, dad. All week they had been calling for rain, high heat and high humidity, but it all turned out perfect! It didn’t rain a single time. I think the Big Guy was watching out for us :) the only way that the day could have been better is if you had been there with us but, in a way, you were with me the whole time. You still walked down the aisle with me, we had you in our hearts and I had you on my bouquet :) I showed Joe your picture and it was over from there, no holding back the tears. But don’t worry, Joe did a great job taking care of me and he still is. He even took us skydiving, but I will tell you more about that later! Our relationship has grown stronger every day, and so has my marriage to Aaron. There are still days that I wish you were here to give me marriage advice… lots of days… but I pray about it and I try to imagine what you would tell me. You were so full of wisdom papa and I really miss picking your brain.

The honeymoon was so fun! We got to see so much and it makes me realize how much more of this world I want to see! There is so much beauty out there and so many things to do. I love that you and Seedie got to travel so much together in the first years of your relationship. I miss that for her. I miss getting your random text messages while I am at work and you are on a beach somewhere with your wifey.

So, we went skydiving. July 17, 2010 Aaron, Marcie, Phil and myself all did tandems. Joe went with us of course. He jumped at 5,000 feet from Marcie’s flight so that he could make it to the ground in time to get on board with Aaron and I. I got to see him jump your rig. Watching him gather up the parachute and walk in made me think of you so much I started to cry. Mom said he even landed like you used to. I watched Marcie come in too. It was so exciting, dad! I can see why you did it for so many years and its hard to not want to become a certified skydiver! Marcie is planning on it though and we think it would be a good use of her time! The people there were all so nice and they would be good influences on her. I am torn because I don’t want to do it without Aaron and I just don’t know that it would fit into our plans for the future. I guess we will see what happens after our next jump… we are going again! August 14 is a boogie weekend and Joe wants us to come back. I cant wait :)

There are so many other things I want to tell you dad, so many things that I have missed without you. I love you so much and I think about you all the time. I know that you wouldn’t come back even if you had the chance because it must be so amazing up there! We are holding each other up down here and working on making you proud.

Love you bunches,
Cassie Winnie KENDRA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment