Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dream a Little Dream

Dear Dad,

This weekend we had our bachelor and bachelorette parties which were a lot of fun. But for some reason, in the midst of all the celebrating, I had a rough time emotionally. Maybe it was because normally I would come over the next day and tell you all about my day and how much fun us girls had and what I had heard about the guy’s day. You were the one I told everything to so perhaps not being able to do that anymore is what was bothering me. Or maybe it is starting to sink in that you aren’t here with us physically anymore. Today marks three weeks since you left us. I still feel like I can just go to your house and there you will be, sitting in your wheelchair watching the History Channel and using your handheld mouse to work on your computer and we can just pick up where we left off. I guess I am just missing your presence. I remember that we agreed that you would come visit me in my dreams and I am sure you are busy using your new legs and arms but anytime you want to visit me I would love to “see” you. I cannot wait to see you walking again, even if it is just in my dreams for now.

Marcie and I had a “date night” last night. She came over to Aaron’s and we started watching Boston Legal again where you and I had left off. It only seems right to finish the series and while we were watching it I kept thinking of watching it with you and it made me smile. Thinking about times like when there would normally be a commercial break if we had been watching it on TV you would say “Commercial” and then the show would pick back up because it is on DVD and there are no commercials and you would either say “that was quick” or “oh wait, there are none”. So of course I said it every time but Marcie didn’t seem to get annoyed, we both just smiled. That is my favorite thing to do, smile and laugh while remembering you. It’s going to be a busy few weeks since we only have 18 days until the wedding! I got something special for you, it’s a little picture frame pin that has a charm that says “dad” on it. I am going to put a picture of you in there and pin it to the ribbon on my bouquet so that you can still walk down the aisle with me :)

Love you bunches,
Cassie Winnie

1 comment:

  1. cassie...i gotta be honest with you. i never met your dad i don't think, but i miss him with you. every single day i think about you not having him to walk you down the aisle and it make me cry. so i think it is super awesome that you have that pin so he can still be with you. take care hunny

    ReplyDelete