Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'll be ok now Daddy...

Dear Dad,

Today is the one week mark since you went to walk in heaven. It was a hard week, but I know the Lord has been giving me peace and strength through the whole week. We got to see a lot of friends on Friday. You sure are a loved man dad. You've impacted so many lives with your 56 years! There were lots of smiles and laughter when we all got to reminisce about you. There were tears too, lots of tears. Saturday we said our last “goodbyes” but you and I both know that is isn’t goodbye for some of us, it is just “see ya later” and I know I will. Joe gave a eulogy for you, and dad, it was amazing. I am sure you must have heard every word. I know you are, and always were, proud of him, of all of us. I just miss hearing your voice... Guess what? Uncle Tim came and he came to grandma’s church afterwards for the luncheon! Amazing right? I can see there are already good things happening from you leaving this world. I keep thinking about how many people came to see you over the past two weeks, at the hospital, in hospice and at the funeral home. I pray that I live my life in a way that I impact even half as many lives as you have.

I started writing this yesterday at work but ran out of time so I think I will finish it now :) Mom and I went shopping last night. She got her wedding outfit and I got my rehearsal dress. It seems so weird that you aren’t going to be there dad. I always dreamed of my wedding and dancing with you and crying with you as you gave me away. I know you will still be there and I know you love Aaron, it is just hard to not have you here with me. I love you so much dad. I had a hard time last night. We got a card from some of Aaron’s family that had a gift card in it to buy something to put in the house or yard to remember you by. Maybe I was just tired, but it really hit me and I cried all the way home. It’s funny, I started writing this letter talking about how much strength I’ve had, but I’m still your little girl daddy, I always will be. I just need a good cry once in a while. Besides, you know me, I’m the crybaby of the family :) I heard a song today that really makes me think about you. Aaron told me about the song about a year and half ago. It goes through a woman's life growing up and all the times she had to tell her daddy it was ok to let go. When she rode her first bike, when she got married and when her dad was lying in a hospital bed. All the times she had to be ok with him letting go and letting him know it. I know we talked before you left but I just want to tell you again, "it's gonna be a little bit scary, but I want you to know, I'll be ok now, daddy, you can let go". I hope you are having a lot of fun up there dad. Tell grandpa I said hi and enjoy walking in your new body :)

Love you bunches,
Cassie Winnie

No comments:

Post a Comment